Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Chase is really old enough to be on a mission!!!!!

So it has been almost a week since we took Chase to the airport to fly away to England for 2 whole years! It was a sad/happy day! Chase was so ready to go and get started. We weren't so ready to say bye but we did and of course we cried (my mom the most, it is her baby) and watched him walk away through the gate with an Elder Taylor. We were happy that he wasn't going alone. There were a bunch of missionaries that were flying to the MTC in England. One missionary that we talked to knew some wrestlers from Delta and the one that he talked about the most just happened to be our cousins "boyfriend" kinda and another missionary was neighbors to a lady that is from Delta. There is always a connection to Delta it seems like. So after we took chase we headed up to cheer camp to pick up brooklyn so she could come hang out with us for the rest of the day. We went and ate at the Olive Garden. It was Yummy!!! Then my dad and Shane went golfing at Thanksgiving Point and so that left Andrew with all the girls to go SHOPPING of course! We went to the mall and walked and looked and looked and looked and looked and bought and looked well that is what it felt like to him. He was such a good sport though! I seriously was so proud ha He never complained! He did ask me once if I ever got sick of this and I said no. I just wish I had more money to buy things ha we went to costco and he found some movies and stuff and they were giving out free creamies so that was a plus. Then after that we headed home! It was a good day. Chase was able to call and talk from the Atlanta airport which was really good to hear from him and the MTC mission president's wife sent us an email when Chase got there so that was good and Chase was able to email us today and he sounds really good. I love how he talks in letters and stuff. He words things in the funniest way. It was good to hear from him and to hear that he is doing good. He said it is gorgeous over there and that he has taken lots of pictures so I may have to post some when he sends them. I do haev pictures that I took at the airport and everything that I will post later but I just haven't had time to sit down and do it! I will though. We are so proud of Chaser! He is going to make the best missionary ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment