Monday, April 26, 2010

Boat Races, Turkey Hunting, Moving and Finals!!

So I was just informed after I posted that I had type o's and spelling errors so I went and changed them so if there are any more, don't worry about it! I'm Not!!
Okay so last week Andrew had a boat race for his engineering class. Him and two other guys from his class made a boat out of cardboard and duck tape. They had a really good start but only made it, well not very far. The pool was a Olympic sized pool. They had to go all the way to the end and back to get full credit so when their boat capsized they had to pull it down and back. They were pretty tired by the end of the race. I have a video but I can't get it to come up, but it was fun to watch


This is Andrew and his boat. So proud.


This is them swimming after their boat sank.

This is them barely making it back to the end of the pool.

Them after they got their boat out of the pool. They were all happy to be done and I am not so sure how happy they were to take the picture but what are wives for right!


This is us preparing to sit FOREVER and waiting for the turkeys to come! We sat there for about three hours and waited while trying not to move because turkeys have awesome eyes and hears! Good thing they don't have good smelling noses or everyone would be having to try a lot harder to kill those stupid birds! So anyways we sat there for three hours and we were sitting under a tree and Rex (Andrew's grandpa) was under another tree and so after we had sat for at least three hours his grandpa called well waved because that is the quietest way to call someone right? So Andrew army crawls over well, he got about half way and then got up and walked over to his grandpa who saw a Tom (that is a male turkey) but it got away before Andrew could get to it so we were deciding on what to do next because it was almost dark and so we were just going to start walking back and all of the sudden Andrew shoves me and tells me to get down so I of course hit the ground and he is telling his grandpa to get down too. So we were laying there and Andrew was army crawling towards the turkeys and all of the sudden out of nowhere like ten turkeys (Toms which was a good sign!) come out of the trees and I am just waiting for Andrew to shoot and he finally does and he shot like three times to make sure that he killed it. He blew the beard off but he was happy that he got one.
I have a video of him telling his story about how the whole turkey killing happened and I can't get it to work but it is so funny. He was so so SO happy that he shot one. It was so so SO much fun to be able to share that experience with him. I had so much fun watching my man kill a turkey! He was so happy and so his grandpa. They talked all about the hunt all the way home and while they were gutting well whatever they do to turkeys when they kill them.

The wind was bad enough that I did need a whole head thing.
So while we were sitting under the tree, Andrew would look around to check for turkeys and every time he would look away I would put a handful of berries down his vest. I thought he might feel it the first time but he didn't because he had his garments, a shirt, a sweat shirt and a vest. I did that the whole three hours and he never noticed. It was awesome! So when we got back to the jeep and before he got in he was like "I better empty out my vest, I must of collected a lot of stuff from crawling on the ground" and I couldn't help it, I started laughing so stinkin hard!! So I had to tell him and he couldn't believe that he didn't notice and that I had been doing it the whole time! HA! I am still laughing! Trust me it was that funny!

Okay so tell me if you see anyone in this picture......

What about now....

Well you better be able to see him in this pic....

This one if you can't see then I will tell you, there is a man sitting in the tree.
Those last three pictures I took because when I was sitting there I was looking around for Rex and I couldn't find him and then I realized he was in that tree. Pretty good hiding place if I do say so myself!

This is Andrew laying down. He will love that I posted this one.

This is the Turkey he shoot. He blew the beard off.

The turkey was so pretty. It's feathers were so colorful. It doesn't look like it in the picture but trust me there were lots of colors on the feathers.

Andrew and Grandpa Rex

Me and my Killer Man!

SO proud!

Packing it back to the Jeep.





This a trick that grandpa Rex showed Andrew and it is to plug the turkeys butt hole with a tissue or something so it doesn't poop in your truck or in our case jeep!

So we have pretty much moved out of our apartment and it is kinda weird. I was telling Andrew that this is our first move together and he was like yeah and didn't really think it was as big of a deal as I did but it was kinda weird having to decide what to do for the summer with someone. Don't get me wrong I LOVE that I have someone to move with but it was a little weird to think about because I have been just deciding on my own for the last four or so summers! We are so excited for our summer in Delta!!! We pretty much have jobs worked out so that is nice and my parents are letting us live with them so we should save some pretty good money hopefully! Hopefully my parents are prepared! Love summer!!! Delta here we come!

Okay so the semester is over for me and I am so so so happy to be able to enjoy the summer but I was kinda sad that my Special Education classes were over because the class has been the same class for a whole year so we got to know each other and it was fun but I am SO happy to be one step closer to being done! One more year!!!

Andrew still has awhile but he thinks he knows what he wants to do so that is always good. He decided a lot faster than I did so hopefully it all works out! I always seems to work out right???

1 comment:

  1. Will is now into turkey hunting. I will tell him the trick about the tissue. Not that he has even seen one yet.

    ReplyDelete