Monday, August 16, 2010

Weekend in Park City! + 2 other posts below!

This past weekend we went to Park City! It was way fun! We left Thursday and we stopped at the Smiths in Provo and then at the Costco in Lehi and then at Cabellas and then we were finally off to Park City. We got there and unloaded our stuff in the Condo that we were staying at (I forgot to take pictures of the place) and then we were deciding what to do for dinner. We went to a place called Swatters or something like that. It was pretty good but not worth the money that we spent!
On Friday we woke up late! Ate breakfast and hung around and then about 2ish we headed up to mirror lake! It was a long drive and a steep one too but it was so PRETTY!!! We walked around and fished and took pictures and watched a chipmunk eat some guys sunflower seeds. The boys had fun fishing and I even fished some! We had a little picnic up there and then we headed back. We got back around 7 so it was kinda to late for the guys to go anywhere else and fish so we decided to watch a movie! Me and Andrew went to Walmart, which by the way was the creepiest Walmart ever but if you know me you know I LOVE LOVE anything that is five dollars! My mom says it is my lucky number or something but anyways I ended up with three 5 dollar movies and the movie that we came in to get in the first place! We bought Date Night! It was pretty funny but kinda crude and we were watching it with Carter and he is 12! So he had to cover his eyes for a few parts!
On Saturday we slept in and the boys woke up early and went fishing and we ate breakfast with Kandi's cousin Dori. It was fun to meet new people in the family. Then the girls went shopping a little bit and then we met up with the boys at the Olympic Park! We watched the Aerial jumpers. It was pretty sweet!!! Andrew got some good videos of it but he left his camera at his mom's so I will have to put them up later. We also walked around the Olympic museum. It was pretty cool. They have tons of stuff from when the Olympics were here in UT. Then we went back to the condo and ate lunch and hung out and the girls played Sequence! It is such a fun game!!! The boys napped a little and then we all went to Main Street in Park City and walked around all those stores! WOW!! They are expensive so we walked around for a little bit and then we left and went back to the outlets and the boys went fishing at some other place. We got cold stone ice cream on the way back and we ate enchiladas and had cold stone ice cream! YUMMY! We watched the movie We Are Marshall and I haven't seen it for a long time and it was so good!!
On Sunday we woke up and got all our stuff put together and we were out by 11! We ate and visited with Andrew's aunt and her kids and then some other Wankier family clan! We headed home and my way good friend Ashley called me so I talked to her and Andrew talked to one of his old mission buddies. It was so good to talk to her! We got home and had to unload all our stuff. Andrew is always so good at just going up and doing it and getting it over with! I am not always the best at that. My clothes are still everywhere but we are moving this Friday back to school so I decided that even if I hang it all up I will have to take it down soon enough! Anyway! It was a fun weekend and it went by so fast!


On our way up to Mirror Lake






At Mirror Lake












There was a chipmunk in the seeds bag and when the other chipmunk came to get some too the other ran out and started to crack them. They crack them so stinkin fast!!! It was funny to watch!










This was a dead fish that was just in the sticks. Kinda sad/gross/cool




I don't remember what this was called but it was but we stopped by on the way down the mountain and I wanted a picture but it was scary because the drop off was pretty straight down!




This was the pool that the Ariel Divers dove into!

This was what they came down on.




Us watching the jumps!


This is in the museum!












Me, Aryn, Amy all got new shoes and Kandi's looked new so we needed to take a picture right!




After Andrew gave Carter his old sunglasses because he got new Oakleys for his birthday that is coming up on the 27th!!


The new shades! His second love!



He is so cute! I love him so much!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You go on more vacations than anyone I know! I am kind of jealous. I am glad you had fun. I am sure you will take another vacation in 2 weeks to unwind from moving again and it will be a blast and I will wish I were your kid so I could go too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys had a fun trip and looks like it from the pictures. I'm so excited that you are moving back so we can be closer together!! I expect alot of weekend visits, to see me and not just my kiddos.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to be the older, lame cousin for 2 seconds but it is still kind of crazy that you guys are married!! You are SO cute though and it looks like you had a ton of fun on your vacation! Summer is so great :)

    ReplyDelete