Tuesday, June 8, 2010

These people always bugged me and now I am one of them!!!!!

Ah it has been at least four weeks and I haven't updated! I used to be so good at posting about everything and I would get a little annoyed at people who wouldn't update very much and looooook now I am one of them! I have been pretty busy but still I could have made time to update because I find time to look at other peoples blogs but not update mine :). It does make ya feel good that people remind you that you need to update (even if it is your sister and one of your best friends). I will be better from now on! Promise!

So this summer has been really good so far! School ended on April 29th or sometime around there and then we moved to Delta and bombarded my parents. I don't know if they knew what to do with all the noise at first. We then started trying to get our jobs going. We were able to get these government internships and we are doing them out at the power plant here in Delta. We drive out with Bart so that is nice we can car pool and Andrew gets to talk to his dad more. Andrew is working out in the lab and I am a document updater! Yeah it gets pretty boring but I am not complaining because it is a job where I don't have to mow lawns or clean bathrooms or whole schools for that matter. Although I do have good memories from those jobs. This is our third week of work and it had been good. We have to wake up so stinkin early though!!! I am so tired right now so just disregard anything that doesn't make sense. Anyways, work has been good. We got our first pay check and that was very nice! We are also mowing lawns. Well, Andrew mowed lawns during high school and so his family still mows some lawns so we have been helping with that. That saved us before we started working! I have been umpiring some slow and fastpitch games. That makes for a late night when we have to wake up early but it is nice to have that extra cash.

So this summer has been good, I have been in two near miss car accidents. I have never even seen a crash or even a fender bender but within a month I saw a semi roll and almost land on top of us and then a car on the freeway was trying to pass us and over corrected and went across the lane behind and barley missed us and crashed into the trees and side of the mountain. CRAZYNESS!!!!!

I have been able to go to the temple a couple times and that has been really awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I just love how my parents and my in-laws get along so well. It makes it so nice to be able to all go over to the temple together or just have a BBQ together or whatever. I have the best families!!!

Anyways, what else has been going on...oh we have been to St. George quite a bit. We went swimming in Aunt Joann's pool and it was so so so so much fun!!!! We have been going to Carter's baseball games. It is so fun to watch games all day and just hang out. We of course have been following the Yankees faithfully, okay he has but I have kept up pretty good. He loves to go out and watch games with his dad because they talk all about people and stuff that I have no clue about and I know my fair share of baseball stuff.

We have pretty much been hanging out and loving the summer. We both are playing in softball leagues which is so much fun. We both try not to get to competitive. Try being the key word! Andrew played in a Sleepless in Delta all nighter softball tournament but they only played one game at night ha kinda funny but he had fun adn are so tired still! They had a pretty good team so hopefully that team can keep playing in tournaments together. I love watching Andrew play! He is so good and it is so fun to watch him. Jordan and him were able to play on the same team and that was really fun to watch. They both played really well!

We were able to go down to Cedar City to a baby shower for Lacey. Dana, Camille, and me, my mom and Jess, and Britt and of course Kenny and Avery were all there. It was fun to see Lacey and her family. I am so excited for them to have their baby. They will be great parents! I can't believe Jordan is going to be a dad! Where does the time go??? I am excited for Jess to have her baby as well. We have to wait clear till September but I am so excited for her and her family!
We are all getting ready for Chase to leave and I know it is going to be a cry fest but we are so excited for him!! He will be such a GREAT missionary! The people of England are so lucky! Chase will be moving home this weekend so that will be good. He leaves July 8th! I can't believe that it is pretty much almost here!!!

I have pictures on my camera but I am lazy and don't want to post them and I will regret that later but they are pretty much self portraits that I have taken of me and Andrew or of My parents or in laws but I will post them later and I also have a picture and a funny story that I will have to post about next but I need the picture to make it funny so that will have to wait.

So I can't believe it but we have been married seven months and two days!!! It has gone by SO fast! It has been so much fun! Andrew is always so patient with me and I am so grateful!! I LOVE him so so much!!! Everyone keeps asking me when we are going to have kids and I tell them not for awhile but when that time comes I know that he will be an AMAZING dad!!!! I just hope that I will be that good of a mom!

So to wrap this boring post up I will say that I love my husband, my family!!! and summer!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the prompt update. You are so lucky to live with our parents. I will admit to being jealous. Of course you will be a great Mom when that time comes. Quite being lazy and post that funny story with pictures and I never heard about that 2nd car crash! I need more details please. Well I'm off to get the kiddos and myself ready for the day. Peace Out. Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. I was wondering how the Delta move was going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your updates! I have turned into one of those people who never update, I really need to be better at it. Sounds like things are going great for you guys, I'm so happy for you. I didn't know about Lacey's shower, I'll have to get something in the mail for them. I can't wait to see there new addition! I can't beleive how many babies the fam is expecting, its crazy!! Have fun in Delta and keep this thing updated! ---robyn

    ReplyDelete