Monday, June 21, 2010

We are Champions, well not really...

So I am starting to let myself slip back into that blogger who annoys me so here I am updating without pictures and I usually never not have pictures.

So not last weekend but the weekend before we went camping with Andrew's grandpa and his aunt's and uncles on the Day (his mom's side of the family) side. We went up to Oak City Canyon. It was soooo much fun! It was a little chilly but it kept the bugs away pretty good. Mike and Kim brought up there horses. I haven't rode on a horse in a LONG time so I was a little nervous. Once I was on the horse and felt a little more comfortable, I was able to relax a little bit. It was so fun because they had a horse that was old but just perfect for the little kiddos to ride by themselves. I have so many cute pictures of everybody riding the horse but I can't get them to upload. It was a fun little one night camping trip. We rode horses, ate dutch oven and ate treats and roasted marshmallows and had so much fun and no one got hurt! Usually there is some kind of accident when you have lots of kids but we lucked out. It started to rain that night just as we were getting into our tent and then maybe an hour into the night our air mattress went flat!! Lets just say that I didn't sleep very good to say the least. It was fun though.

Then this last weekend was the annual Wankier family reunion. It was Friday and Saturday and it was just in Delta which was nice because me and Andrew played in a co-ed softball all night tournament. It was really fun! We played five games which was enough.We won the drop down bracket, hence the champions but not really. It was fun and we got to choose between a sports bottle and a canteen. We choose the sports bottle. Anyways the family reunion was so fun. We ate dinner on Friday night and we played volleyball and then Saturday morning we ate dinner and then they had put together a "great race". It was so cute! So much time was put into it! They had each clue/spot have to do with a sibling or the parents. It was good for me because I am still getting to know the family. We were back and forth from the softball tournament and the reunion. It was fun! Hopefully next year more people will be able to come.

This weekend is the Day reunion. We are going to go and hang out in New Harmony and St George and swim and go boating and go see some exotic stuffed animals and maybe fish and hopefully shop. It should be really fun and I will hopefully be able to get pictures and post them along with the camping pictures.

This Sunday is also Chase's farewell!!! I seriously can't believe it! I am so excited for him but also I am sad that he will be leaving! He is going to the Burmingham, England mission and he flies straight to England. He flies out on the 8th of July! I am so excited for him but I am still going to cry my eyes out!!

1 comment:

  1. Pictures would be nice but at least you are posting. This blog isn't just for others enjoyment it's for journaling purposes so at least keep writing everything down! I am also going to cry my eyes out when Chase leaves. I can't believe that I am going to have another baby when one of my brothers is on a mission!

    ReplyDelete